Richland Northeast Cav's Coloring Out Cancer Walk and Food Truck Rodeo
Saturday, May 16
4:00 p.m. - midnight
Richland Northeast track and field
Round up your friends and family and join the Richland Northeast Cavaliers as we walk and eat to raise money and awareness to help end childhood cancer.
Form a team and walk in honor or memory of a child with cancer. All funds raised will benefit Curing Kids Cancer. Everyone must fill out a Participant Registration and Waiver Form.
Sign up and fees
The following fees include general admission into the Richland Northeast Cav’s Coloring Out Cancer Walk and Food Truck Rodeo as well as access to the bounce houses, water balloon fight, etc. When you enter, you will receive a bracelet that will give you access to these events. Make sure to bring your school ID to prove that you are a student!
$5 Individual students to walk; no shirt
$10 Individual adults (18 and up) to walk; no shirt
$15 Individual students to walk + shirt
$20 Individual adults (18 and up) to walk + shirt
$10 per person to walk + shirt
Gather a team or 10 or more people and pay only $10 per person to walk AND receive a shirt. NOTE: This is a $5 discount off the individual fee of walking and a shirt. Grab your friends and encourage them to join you team
***With a team of 10 people or more, each person must pay $10 and this fee will include to walk AND a shirt. Notice this fee is $5 less than the individual fee of walking and a shirt, so grab your friends and encourage them to join your team!
For more information contact:
Stephanie Stone email@example.com or 803.834.1060
Gina Janvrin firstname.lastname@example.org or 803.238.1920
Julia Boedy email@example.com
Steps to Success - Team Captain's Checklist
- Get the word out! Talk to everyone you know -- in your company, church, clubs, schools, neighborhood, and family. This is how you’ll form your team.
- Have a Team Meeting, establish a team name and theme. Give purpose to your team – dedicate your efforts to someone who has been touched by cancer.
- Fill out and turn in the Team Registration Form with complete information on your teammates as soon as possible.
- Turn in your Team Registration Fee. This can be paid by team members; or you can get a company to sponsor you. Ask your dentist, doctor, insurance agent, attorney... get creative!
- Read the Team Captain Handbook.
- Have your team members set a goal for how much money they can raise.
- Follow-up to see how they are doing. Give them tips and encouragement!
- Hand out Team Member Packets, donation envelopes, and waivers to each teammate. Be sure to get them started early!
- Attend Team Captain Meetings.
- Communicate with your team. Let them know what to expect when they come to the walk. Encourage them to stay the entire 8 hours.
- Turn in money for your team at Bank Night on May 13 from 5-7 at Chick-fil-A on Decker Blvd. This will also be spirit night to raise money for Curing Kids Cancer!
- Be a leader and help your team reach its fundraising goal. Challenge other teams.